Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer brings so much to the table!

I made some ice cream and of course had egg whites left over and decided to attempt marshmallows. The picture below will explain to you how horribly wrong that went. Don't worry though, I am a determined character and will do it again. It is summer after all which means lots of ice cream or gelato to be made.This little cake was for my nephews birthday and as you can see it was an Avatar theme. Choosing to do something simple, I decided to put Ang's arrow from his forehead and the symbols for Earth, Water, Fire, and Air. The cake was Chocolate covered Strawberry, and yes I tried to do another Strawberry cake (if you remember a previous post).

I used Martha Stewart's Yellow Butter cake recipe and instead of Vanilla extract I used strawberry and then stirred in 1 cup of preserves and 2 drops of gel icing color. My sister said it was GOOD! I guess this ones a keeper.

My oldest nephew was going on a mission trip to China and wanted me to make a pistachio cake for his going away party. Very simple and gone in less than 15 minutes.

Homemade Butter Pecan ice cream, yummmm. I can only imagine how much weight will be gained this summer from ice cream alone, or do I want to know?

No comments: