Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two for Tuesday...TWD

Last week, if you visited my blog, you would know I chose not to do TWD due to an overload of sweets already in my house. Well, since there was no excess of sweets this week I decided to backtrack with the cake and also make this week's selection.

I am glad I did backtrack because this cake was easy and very tasty. There was extra toasted ground almonds in my cupboard and I mixed them with the flour to stir in. Let's just say this was an almondy treat. Good job Dorie!


This week's TWD was chosen by Melissa of Love At First Bite and her pick was Sweet Cream Biscuits. It's really hard for me to turn down baking a biscuit and this was no exception. These biscuits were nothing like ones made with sticks of butter, in that they were completely chewy and soft. Usually butter biscuits have a crisper outside with a soft, flaky inside(if made right...lol). These also had a little sweetness, due to the addition of sugar, hence the name. If you have cream in the house that you want to use up, these are definitely a go to recipe. YUMMY!

Thanks to Nancy and Melissa for choosing such wonderful and EASY recipes. So easy I was able to do both at pretty much the same time.

You can visit their pages for the recipes or just purchase Dorie's book, Baking: From My Home to Yours.

4 comments:

SweetThingsTO said...

They both look great! I would love to come to your house for breakfast! :-)

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Both of these look delicious! :) Glad you were able to make both of them this week!

Flourchild said...

Two great recipes! Im glad you enjoyed both of them. They both look tasty!

Kristen said...

The biscuits sound amazing. Sweet Cream Biscuits- YUM!