Search This Blog

Friday, December 25, 2009

How To Eat a Cupcake's Spumoni cupcakes

Spumoni ice cream, hmmm, what can we say about it? Let's see, cold, flavorful, frozen, flavorful,cherries, flavorful, chocolate, flavorful, pistachio, oh yea, flavorful. This ice cream is one that I never tasted until my girlfriend, Gwen, told me about it. She looked at me crazy when I said that I had never tasted it. Now, me being a pistachio lover (I do mean a real pistachio lover, you know one of those that eat them like you have to have it to survive? Well, that's me...cake, nuts in and out the shell) and chocolate and cherry TOGETHER...it was definitely a must try!

Last year I met Cassie from How to Eat a Cupcake, because we worked at the same bakery. I would hear her talk about her blog and would always check to see what she was up to baking. This year she did an Iron Cupcake entry in the form of SPUMONI, SPUMONI, SPUMONI, YEA!!! Once again, this was definitely a must try http://www.howtoeatacupcake.net/2009/03/ironcupcake008-spumoni-cupcakes.html .

These cupcakes embodied everything Spumoni, right up to the pistachio buttercream. So, if you're ever in the mood for some Spumoni, but don't want the cold stuff, give this recipe a try. You just might be surprised.

No comments: