Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Gwen, I thought I told ya, I'm a star...

Last year Gwen wanted this movie clapper cake for her birthday. Of course, me being who I am just had to go all out. I made a gumpaste movie reel, popcorn in a bucket, movie camera, and stars. And to top it all off, the cake was carrot cake. Have you tried carving a moist carrot cake with raisins, coconut, walnuts, and pineapple in it. It got done though. The gumpaste pieces...they are still in the house because she didn't want to get rid of them.
















This now leads me to this cake for 2009. Do you see a running theme? All the pieces are gumpaste, except the rocks, which were just fondant. This is Gwen's road to success cake, it's where she wants to be in the near future. I guess she'll be directing and I'll be feeding the crew!










No comments: