Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2009

Tuesday's With Dorie

I know, I know I am a day late, but don't fret it is here now.

This weeks TWD was chosen by Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/ and also happens to be an item on my to bake list.

It's the Raspberry Blanc Manger on page 398-399 of Baking From My Home to Yours.



I just admired how gorgeous the picture looked in the book so I knew I just had to make it. On top of the picture it also seemed pretty easy to manage. Well it didn't let me down, because this recipe was EASY and makes a dessert that would impress all your friends and family into thinking it took you forever to make.



The only problem I have with this dessert is that I am the only person in my house that eats foods like this so most of it will be thrown away unless I can get some of my neighbors to partake in this food venture.



I used blackberries instead of the raspberries, but the next time I make this(which will be a long time from now) I will make it plain and try Dorie's playing around technique with the pineapple on the side.



To get the recipe it's as easy as going to Susan's blog or just purchase Dorie's book and make all of her other wonderful recipes.







No comments: