I absolutely love this darn book!!!!
These are Yogurt Honey Muffins and the recipe comes from the book in the picture below. I had some yogurt expiring on Sunday and I try not to waste anything. Luckily I bought this book from the thrift store and it contained a recipe perfect for my needs. I changed the lemon to lime juice since I had some fresh squeezed already in the refrigerator and I didn't worry about the zest.
375 degree oven
4 tbsp. butter
5 tbsp. honey
1 cup plain yogurt
1 large egg, room temperature
zest from 1 lemon
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
1. Grease or use paper liners in a 12 cup muffin pan
2. In saucepan, melt butter and honey. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg, lemon rind, and juice. Add the butter and honey mixture.
4. Sift the dry ingredients on top of the wet mixture and fold in just to blend.
5. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake until the tops spring back when touched lightly, 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan and then unmold. Serve warm or at room temperature.