Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sourdough

The time has finally come for me to use that bubbly, potent smelling starter in the mason jar. I started yesterday doing the initial work of mixing, resting, folding, resting, rising in the refrigerator. If you want something scrumptious sometimes you have to be patient and wait for it to do it's thing.

This morning at around 6 I took the dough out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter to complete the rising process. When it was time to put it in the oven this smile came over my face because I had waited long enough for the starter to ferment and then for the dough's rising.

MMMM what's that smell wafting through the house...SOURDOUGH BREAD, yayyy.

This bread was is so soft, but I'm going to try another recipe for the other starter I have to see if there is one I like better. I got this recipe from Sourdolady's blog http://www.thefreshloaf.com/blog/sourdolady.

I'm always open for other suggestions.






No comments: