Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

Who needs fast food? Homemade bacon, egg, and cheese...

I have been making these biscuits for years and during those years I have been very guarded with the recipe. Well I have changed that, especially since so many of you bloggers share your own recipes. My girlfriend, Gwen, makes it a point to request these biscuits as often as possible. For Thanksgiving I made Dorie Greenspan's Sweet Potato biscuits and Gwen just happened to be one of the only ones to not get at least one. She was very vocal about it on Sunday, so she asked for my regular biscuits.

I have made and posted these biscuits before http://deevassweetthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/07/supposed-lazy-summer-days.html, but this time I went for the bigger and crispier edged version.

Well here they are and guess what? The recipe is below. Don' t stop at the pictures, okay.
Keep going....
okay here you go.

Biscuits
Recipe by Devona Mcgill


3 cups of self rising flour (I use Southern Biscuit)
1 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk

400 degrees oven
Makes approx. 8-12 biscuits

In mixing bowl stir together flour and salt. Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the buttermilk just until wet. Pour mixture out on lightly floured counter and knead a few times to bring all loose pieces together. Roll the dough to about 1 inch and using a floured cutter of your choosing, cut biscuit as close together as possible. Place biscuits on sheet pan, about 2 inches apart for crunchy sides or close to each other for softer sides. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: