Search This Blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

The donut dough being cut
Frying cake donuts


Chocolate powdered donuts

Chocolate on chocolate
I have made donuts before and decided that I wanted to try chocolate ones, well these were not what I expected. I couldn't even taste the chocolate in the plain donut so I figured I would dress them up for some pics. I am still on the search for a good chocolate donut recipe, so if anyone has one let me know.

Chocolate Doughnuts
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
2 ozs. unsweetened chocolate

Melt butter and chocolate, set aside. In a mixing bowl stir together 2 1/4 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt. In large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer till thick. Combine milk and butter/chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to egg mixture, beating just till blended after each addition. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour. Cover dough; chill about 2 hours.

On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2 in. thickness. Cut woith a floured 2 1/2 in. doughnut cutter. Reroll as necessary.

Fry two or three doughnuts at a time in deep hot fat(375 degrees) about 1 minute on each side, or until golden, turning once with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining dough.

Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, pg.68
These were just some apple pie wontons. I made the filling to use up some apples before they went bad. After making turnover i had some filling left and decided to use the wonton wrappers in the fridge. I handed them out to neighbors and needless to say they didn't last long.




3 comments:

Tia said...

how messy is deep frying like this? I'd love to give it a shot. any tips???

Flourchild said...

Woah thats alot of good looking food! I love the pasta and the donuts look super tasty!
Im glad I found another Cake Boss lover...his accent gets me too! My husband is from NJ so we get to go visit some. I want to go to his bakery someday! His cakes are amazing and he does make them look so easy to make!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I looove better homes and gardens!

I've always wanted to make donuts, and these look delish!